Поиск по этому блогу

5.18.2011

떡볶이

I'm not in Korea now, and I miss Korean food a lot...((

Sure, there are a lot of Korean dish I can eat here, in Novosibirsk - gimbab, kimchi, Lotte products and so on. But that is my favourite - Tteokbokki - is not available here T.T

When I saw it for the first time, I didn't feel like eating it, because it seemed tooooo spicy and not really tasty.
How I was mistaking~~~~ Sure, it's spicy (it's Korean after all), but tteok has  so tender taste, that I felt in love with this dish))

I've got learn, that the receipt was a bit changed after the Korean war and became very popular.
On picture:gochujang, a hot paste made from chilli peppers, along with fish cakes.

As far as I know, sometimes  boiled eggs, pan-fried mandu, sausages, cheese, ramyeon are includes in dishes with tteokbokki.
If the dish consists of tteokbokki and ramyeon, it's called 라볶이))
These days, many kinds of tteokbokki are popular such as seafood tteokbokki(해물 떡볶이) or rice tteokbokki(쌀떡볶이). Flour tteokbokki was popular in early days, but rice tteokbokki is more popular these days.

As for cheese...
The most delicious noodle I ate was 치즈볶이 !!
I even bring several pack of this noodle to Russia for my friends and family)

I repost a receipt of tteokbokki below:

1 cup odeng broth
1 cup water
2 tablespoons gochujang (see note below)
1 tablespoon red pepper powder (optional)
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 large clove garlic minced
1/2 carrot julienned
1 daepa cut on bias (see note below)
25 garae tteok (see note below)
fishcake and eggs from oden
1 brick of instant ramyeon noodles (optional)

Gochujang is a spicy Korean condiment that’s made from fermented soy beans, glutinous rice flour and chili peppers. It’s a blood red paste that typically comes in jars or plastic tubs and has a unique flavour that you really can’t substitute with anything else. This should be widely available at almost any Asian grocery store.

Daepa are a type of scallion that are much longer and thicker than normal scallions, but they’re not quite as fat as leeks. You should be able to find them in Korean markets as well as Japanese groceries where they go by the name of Tokyo Negi. If you can’t find them, 3 regular scallions will work just fine.

Garae tteok are cylindrical rice cakes, similar to mochi, but they are much more dense and will retain their shape even after cooking for some length. Unfortunately there really isn’t a substitute (mochi will have a much softer texture), if you have an Asian or Korean grocery near you they carry it.  

credits: http://norecipes.com/



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий